daffodil from the old garden

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

hi all

here's a lovely daffodil from the old garden that I sneak around sometimes. I think it looks cute the way the upper petals are very long and hang down over the trumpet. Have any of you seen this before? I think it could be worth it to rescue it.

what do you think?

Mark

Thumbnail by mark
Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

That's very pretty, looks what they were at the 'old days' (or what I've seen in photos, heheh..)

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Definitely Mark, and the one you posted before.
It may not be anything special, though it's certainly a beauty. But wouldn't it be a shame to lose it if noone else has it?

I think this is one to rescue! I love the way the flower has formed, I've not seen one with such long petals before.

Circleville, OH(Zone 8b)

How pretty, I have never seen one like that before.

Bringing this back up because I've just seen a very similar Narcissus called 'Firebrand'

http://www.qualitydaffodils.co.uk/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=117

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Oh you bad bad girl! I love daffies and the ones in that catalogue are just gorgeous, sigh.

it really does look like it. how did you come by that web site?

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

lovely daffodil Mark, you must try to get them growing. I used to grow alot of miniature narcissi but they are slowly disappearing. I think something is eating them. The only ones that do well are two types I have in my trough (Jetfire and Jenny)They never fail to give a good display and I find that by underplanting alpine geraniums with these little beauties keeps the worst of the rain off in late winter/early spring.

Northerner, beautiful aren't they!

Mark, strangely enough an American friend who likes Daffs sent this one to me. I looked in the heritage section straight off just in case this daff was there.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Ace detective Baa!!!
:)

what a memory!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.