April 23, Tuesday

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hello farmers. Today was cool, well downright cold with the wind, so I didn't get much done outside. The wind blew pretty hard all day and the high temp only got to about 40-45*. One flat of vegies got moved several times to stay in the sun, good thing it had a plastic cover, and it got warm enough to make a little moisture inside the lid. I have to rescue it for the night in a few minutes. The "warm" stuff is on a heat mat under grow lites in the basement, this one is the cabbages, brocolli and things like that. I had planned to plant my new strawberries today but the wind was just too cold, and I knew that bone meal would be in the next county if I tried to work with that today. The wind is supposed to quit tonight and tomorrow will be calm and warmer so the strawberries might get planted. Breezy is looking and feeling good, he was running around in his small corral this morning bucking, I hope he didn't hurt himself again. Next week I can start riding him a little, very carefully. I know he is anxious to be out of the corral, he isn't used to being confined. I hope this was a great day for all of you, count your blessings.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!