Going back to Apple?

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

I'm working on getting a new computer, printer and scanner in order to aid me in my quest for the perfect set up for a hard copy photographer. I like the looks of the new iMac, but I know there were some problems with the original iMac. We have a Mac Classic that is 13 years old and has had a battery change. We wore out the oringinal printer and replaced it with a used HP and it stills chugs along just fine. I will probably go with an Epson printer and scanner because I have read reviews that suggest they are best photographically speaking. I have an Epson printer now and am quite happy with it and the new scanner with transparency capabilities got high marks from the photo mags. I am unwilling to the Microsoft way again. This is a Compaq Presario 5020 and while it has work well for me, there is now so much space taken up with diagnostic programs and antivirus programs that it is ridiculous. Any comments from iMac users or others who've looked at them?

This thread has 27 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!