Verbena Spitfire

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

These two are my latest aquisitions. I really need to stop going to the garden center on my lunch hour! I thought these were so different, I just had to bring them home. Will I have to propigate these by cuttings to keep the color combinations, or will they produce viable seeds? Anyone with any info. (I tend to buy first, and ask questions later!!)
Debbie

Thumbnail by momcat
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

My guess is you'll need to take cuttings. Verbenas root easily tho. Is that a pink & a purple? Very pretty - I've never heard of this one B4.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes, one is white speckled with bright pink, the other is white speckled with purple. I just love the combinations. I have never seen these before, either.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Pretty! I never seen those before also.. I have purple, hot pink, red, light pink. I love to collect any color of verbene.. They are perinnel over here. They can take by cutting.. Hope I will find that color around here but I dont think I will find around here..

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

MiniSchnuz,
Maybe later in the year, once they have had a chance to grow a bit, I can send you some cuttings. Just remind me in a couple months!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.