For Calalily - a happy and a sad story

Herbstein, Germany(Zone 5a)

Cala, on 4. Advent in 1985, this is the last sunday before Christmas, Mom and I took a walk. It was a clear, sunny but icecold winterday. The dog went with us.

In the middle of nowhere, I heard a cat mouwing. We kept on going, the dog running ahead of us and the mouws came closer and it sounded more the crying of a baby child. Suddenly, this little kitten stumbled and fell through the high frozen grass in front of us. We were stunned. So I took it up and put in the pocket of my coat to carry it home. We were about 1+1/2 hour from home and the little thing kept on sucking on my fingers all the way. They became really sore until we reached home.

We strongly believed, that somebody threw it out of a driving car to get rid of it, either let it starve or let the fox take care of it. It was quiet fast on his little feet and a adult must had to outran it for quite a distance. It was used to humans and dogs, as it did not show any sign of being afraid or shyness.

This was the most valuable Christmas gift, I ever had.

My husband was already ill at that time and one year later, I had to give it away by doctors demand; my DH had supposingly a cat allergy. Cala, it almost broke my heart, I was crying for weeks about my little Minka. Thats the name, Mom gave her. I saw or heard her for weeks in the house, even though, she was not there anymore.

Five years later, they diagnosted a rheumatic disease and no cat allergy at all by my DH.

The above pictures were taken few hours after coming home, feeding the little thing. Look how satisfied it sleeps in the little box.

I wish your little Mitten, that it will have a happy life with its ' Mom '.

Thumbnail by monika
This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!