First lily bloom of the season

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

This was open today. I couldn't believe there were blooms already. I counted 5 buds down in the water.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Beautiful Calla!Mine are just sending out their leaves but one of them does have some buds on it.Never noticed one doing that this early,but its been a strange year.Can wait to see some blooms!

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Very pretty Cala!!!! I sure hope that with a bigger pond this year that mine will bloom better than last year!!! I only have 2 but I guess I need to get more!!!! (if I could just stop buying hosta)
sue

Hamilton, Canada

Cala,
how lucky you are...mine are in gallon buckets in the house...one is really big and will bloom for the first time this summer i'm hoping.

joydie

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Beautiful. Summer must be here.

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Good Grief..I am soooo jealous. My lily leaves are just barely growing to the top of the water let alone blooming. Summer? Who said summer? I'm barely in Spring. boohoo....

Okay, I'm done pouting. That's a beautiful flower. Good for you!! "T" :)

Hamilton, Canada

Sledder,
I now the feeling. Last year I had small waterlilies that were just little cuttings. Not much happened with them in the pond. I brought them indoors and in a moment of passion cut them in half again. They have been growing in buckets all winter and now there are literally hundreds of sprouts on them. I'm sure they won't bloom again this year, but when they eventually do I hope to have lots of flowers.

Joydie

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Do you fertalize yours?

Nope, only fish poop. I don't have string algae anymore either. Once the leaves shade the water, it's all gone. Forgot to mention the 2 dozen or so frogs that call my pond home and millions of tadpoles. BTW, does anyone know what kind of tadpole is as big as my thumb? They swim to the top, grab insects and quickly go back down in the water.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

probably bullfrog babies.

I wonder where they came from. We don't have a bull frog. I have spring peepers, wood frogs, toad frogs and leopard frogs.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

you might have one now! and if you bought any water plants, it might have come in with them.

I got some water plants last year. He had some bull frogs. I bet I got a baby tadpole. Don't they take two years to mature(the bull frog ones)?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

don't know. we always have them here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.