Need id please!

(Zone 8a)

Someone sent me these and did not label them...all they were was a stem and stuck in a pot and it finally bloomed...

Thanks,
Rebecca

Whoops...I thought I was on the id forum! LOL

This message was edited Monday, Apr 15th 5:29 PM

Thumbnail by imaseedpicker
Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

it's walking iris

(Zone 8a)

Tig...thanks! I found out on the id forum!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

What on earth is a walking iris? I've never heard of this animal????????? Elaine

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

That's pretty, I want one.

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Cala, where were you in March while the rest of us were swapping plants? Giving away so many you didn't have time to get some for yourself? I had plenty of them and still do. Will send you some starts (so will a zillion more people probably).

(Zone 8a)

Well, from what I found out on the id forum is why it's a walking iris is this... The stem where the flower is droops over and touches the ground and roots and makes another plant...this is the exact part someone sent me and told me to stick it in soil and it grew like crazy!

I am going to cut the bloom part off and stick it in the soil and make another plant and so on! LOL

Hope this helps!
Rebecca

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

We have them @ the Farm where I work. I see them listed on invoices & hear everybody on the radio, pulling them for orders but I didn't know that is why they are called 'walking'. Learn something new every day. & learn even more if you are a DGer!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.