Inexpensive but really cute craft

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Hubby and I made the cutest lawn ornament. We copied one that Jackson and Perkins has in their catalog. It's the one with the old shovel that has a bird house attached to the top of the handle. He cut out a sign for me and my dd painted it for me. Instead of writing welcome on it I asked her to write Home Sweet Birdhouse. I bought the most adorable bird house at Big Lots for $7 and a pkg. of raffia to tie just below the house that was marked down to $.50. I haven't got any big money tied up in the project and it is so very cute. It really beats the cost of the item from the company and we used a shovel that would have been thrown away. Since I saved on that I can use my savings to buy more plants, can't I? LOL

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!