Note to Self...

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

...Next time, when I grab one of those plastic grocery bags to use for poop clean-up when walking the dogs, make sure it doesn't have any HOLES in the bottom! Ugh. Been that kind of day!

Howie and I finally quit procrastinating and spent the evening at the laundromat, washing and drying the series of comforters Emma's christened by various body fluids since we got her February 1. Those, along with all of our pillows -- blessedly unchristened, but still in dire need of some freshening -- took over two hours to wash and dry. Thank God for good books and a smoke-free laundromat!

Mission accomplished, we headed home with our fragrant and fluffy bedding. We found Emma had not only soaked her cushion in the crate, but had managed to somehow sprinkle the perimeter of the cage as well. I'd imagine this took place right as she heard the garage door opening, heralding our return home and signalling the release of her bladder.

So, not only did our bedding get a good scrubbing today, but our puppy got a bath. Everything, save Sarah, smells great. Emma's coat, short and baby-fine, dries as quickly as crocodile tears; Sarah's made of rougher stuff and takes too long to dry after a bath, so she can stink for one more day.

*Sigh* But I do love having animals, really. :) How could you not love this face...

This message was edited Sunday, Mar 31st 12:24 AM

Thumbnail by gardenwife
This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!