I have named my celandine

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

I have decised to call my Celandine which I found the other week. For the time being it's called 'Flame. I'm waiting to hear from the guy who has the national collection if it is OK.

Mark

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Saw it on your site with that name and wondered. That's a good name, hope it gets accepted Mark
:)

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

I found another celandine last night and hope to get the photos sorted out later.

this one has very dark green leaves with a hint of brown and green highlights. I'm not sure if this is classed as bronze. do bronze leaves have purple hints? I'll be calling it 'Emerald Isle'.

Mark

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

You've got a real eye for this. When i was in the woods the last couple of days I've been looking, but could only see boring plain green ones, though there were some nicely marked arums. You decided against a stable name then? Even though it looks as if you're going to make a habit of this.........
Don't know that there is a standard for bronze description. Does the RHS colour chart include colours for leaves as well as flowers? That might help. Copper can have plummy tints, as for real bronze, it depends what's used for the patination.

Flame sounds good.

Can't wait to see the new Rf! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.