dump cake

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Although I worked as a chef for 10 years (kept gaining weight so I quit)! one of my favoite recipes I recently tried at my cousin-in-law's and thought it was great and VERY simple.
2 cans pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
1-1/4 cups low-fat margarine

Spread the first can of pie filling or fresh fruit in the bottom of a 13X9 pan. Spread the yellow cake mix over the fruit. Spread the next can of pie filling or some applesauce or crushed pineapple over the cake mix. (Optional, you can spread some nut pieces or shredded cocoanut over at this point). Drizzle the margarine all over the entire cake, it should almost cover it up completely. Bake 350 deg. for 45 minutes and check the topping. If it's not crispy, bake it 15 minutes longer. Be sure to follow the layering directions EXACTLY or this recipe will not work.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!