March 23, 2002

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

It has felt really good not to be a member of the rat race today.
The little red cow was out this morning. No big deal getting her in. She was happy eating the really green grass alongside the road, but came running when she saw me with a bucket of corn.
My baby goats are running and jumping and growing like weeds.
I spent most of my afternoon digging around in the little herb bed. I think it should be a good time to remove some clumps of grass, but some of the delicate things haven't appeared yet and I don't want to accidently lose something by being too aggresive and not letting them have time to come up. I moved Spring onions that were trying to move to the middle of the garden and planted about 100 little onion bulbs. Also planted some flower seeds and put plastic milk cartons over them if it gets too cold for them.
started out a little chilly today , but ended up a really nice sunny day.
Tomorrow Hubby and I leave for St. Louis to visit so our renter will watch things for us. He and his wife bought an incubator and boy are they excited about it. Like a couple of kids at Christmas. I am excited for them.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!