Little Fritz the great

Herbstein, Germany(Zone 5a)

We found him Nov. 27 1996, at the age of about 6 weeks, half starved, dehydrated because of a worse diarrhoe,in our garden.The little devil was just as wild as his Mom ( a wild living housecat, who managed to escape for almost 10 years the shot guns of the privileged hunters) and despite his illness, we had a hard time, catching him. The vet didnt give him any chance to survive. We took him to the Vet every day for two weeks, shots, special formula food, anitbiotica etc. and he made it. We think, he wanted to live. Why did he, a wild animal, come in our garden and look into our living room window, being so sick? But he did not figure out that being helped meant being catched!
Today, he is the little Big Boss and my Mom used to say that he trained us very well. In the weeks, I had been away, caring for my Mom, my DH told me, that Fritzchen was very sad. He wakes me up every morning, he opens the bedroom door. But then, I wasnt there and DH said, that Fritzchen just sat before my bed or searched for me in the whole house. He speaks with us, he talks like a book. For some reason, he does or cannot mouw. eeehs, aaahs and mmms are his vocabular. He shows us what he wants - and we love him!

Thumbnail by monika
This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!