connection speed

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Sorry folks, I know this has come up in the past but can't remember if there was any direct answer.
I realize connection speed (for us dial-up modem users) may have a lot to do with the phone lines. However, surely there must also be something to do with it in my puter. About this time last yr I started conncecting slower and slower. When I bought a 56k modem it connected fairly good (from 38 to 48Kbps). For the past two wks or so now I'm connecting terribly! 21, 24, and right now am on at only 16Kbps! I've even connected at 14 before.
I've defragged (even tho it my report shows that it "is not necessary"). Cleaned up disks.
Could there be something I'm overlooking here? Has something come up in a previous post that helped ya'll connect better?
(And Howie, don't you DARE razz me about your broadband!) τΏτ

This thread has 24 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!