My Tabby passed-on

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

My husbands 17 year old male cat, Tabby, passed-on. He had an abcessed tooth and was not a good canidate for surgery due to his bad kidneys and fluid filled lungs, antibiotics were not working and he was disoriented and in pain. We elected to put him down and we stayed with him. I brought him home and buried him deep in the perennial bed. It really bothers me when I use the computer because he used to lay in my lap when I was using it. My husband had Tabby when I married him 15 years ago, he used to say "I've had that cat longer than you" and I can think of 2 "life decissions" that were made because of Tabby: #1 I went on a second date with my husband, the first date involved a car wreck, but then I remembered that he had a cat that was very affectionate to him and figured that any guy that had a cat that thought that highly of him couldn't be all that bad. #2 We bought our house sooner than we had planned on. Our landlord had sold the house that we were living in and we couldn't find anyplace that allowed pets, and there was no way that we were getting rid of Tabby, so we took our savings and borrowed the rest from our parents for the downpayment and went out and bought a house. It truely is amazing how much our pets add to our lives, I miss our Tabby-kins.

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!