Lady Bells (Adenophora confusa)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

This campanula-like plant can be invasive, but it's blooms are so lovely, it's worth the extra effort. Height: 24-36", Zones 3-8.

Thumbnail by Weezingreens
Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Think i saw this in the wild in the Julian Alps, Slovenia. Lovely plant.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I started some seeds from that,only one survived after puting in the garden,bad place,the chickens kept digging it up,but I had no clue what it looked like.I do like it.It almost looks like Hosta blooms

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

The blooms are very pretty - but it's too spready for my taste. I wish nurseries would warn you about invasive plants before you buy them. I planted it in the wrong place and have been trying to dig it out for years. The roots are very thin and break off leaving pieces in the soil that re-sprout. There's no chance of getting all of it out. Had I know how much it would spread I would have planted it in an area where it could without invading the surrounding plants.

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

I have it in areas where I can control it and I love it, makes nice cut flowers and here, in zone 4/5, I cut it back after it blooms and get a fall second bloom.
Crestedchick-we have a spring trade scheduled, e-mail me if you want some included.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

That's another one of the ones we have to baby to get thru the hot summers here. I finally have a nice clump after several years of pampering it.

I winter sowed some of these and they all germinated. My zone is like Cala's so between that and my inexperience, I will probably lose them all. Too bad as they are very pretty.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Vic, you might have the right idea by starting them from seed. Mine were plants. They are coming back better this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.