Grancy Grey Beard Fringe Tree Found!!

Paducah, KY(Zone 6a)

I finally found a Chionanthus Virginicus-Grancy Grey Beard-Fringe Tree. I have a cousin that was coming up from mississippi and he found some at a nursery there for 13.00.
I am so excited. Any hints on how to plant. How can you
tell female from male?

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

I have had one for about 3-4 years and am having a hard time getting it to grow. It is about 4 feet tall now and has been there for all this time. It is what is called a second story tree Like a dogwood it does better under the shade of another tree. I know they grow in the wild here only about 150 miles south of me here in NE Tx. I hope I can get mine to get started this year

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

This was one of my favorite wild plants in NE Louisiana when I was a child. We passed a stand of them on the way to the school bus stop, and I would pet the blooms every day. Couldn't wait for them in early spring. I have wondered about them for several years, now think I must ask my sister is there are still some in the woods and if she will get me some. Thanks for the memory!

Hendersonville, TN

Please tell me both male and female Fringe Trees bloom. I planted 2 of them 2 years ago (this is their 3rd sping). One of them has blooms for the first time this spring, the other has none. The male/female factor didn't occur to me and I don't know how to determine which they are. Where do I look?

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

I have one now that has been the ground for 2=3 yrs but have had a hard time to get it to grow. This year is the best it has done so far. I hope it makes it fine this year The first year it had lots of blooms on it then went down hill the next year now it really looks good but only had one set of blooms. I didn't know there was a male and a female tree. Mine now is about 4 foot tall Hope it makes it

Longview, TX

Ma Vie, great links!!! I want 2-3 of these trees if I ever run across any!!

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Kelly... lmk when u find some, i want one too!

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

Got mine at Ivy Nursery Jasper Tx Phone#(409) 384-6455 Don't know if they have a web site or not

Longview, TX

OH THANK YOU ARPTIGER.....hehehe.....
Kelly

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.