March 14, 2002 - Healthy Living

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Better late than never, I guess. NO one jumped on in today -- must have been outside enjoying the nice weather during your free time, especially you Michiganders and Ohioans. It really was gorgeous today, and it smells so good outside! In the summer, I grow nicotiana in the front flower bed and when that scent comes wafting in on the breeze, it's a little bit of heaven. Mmmmmmm, I can't wait for those heady blooms.

I stuck to my calories today, drank my water, and walked the dogs up and down the street. I made grilled chicken with George today for my dinner, rubbing on it some leftover garlic and basil pesto we'd mixed with low-fat margarine. There was under a tablespoon of the mixture left, so it wasn't a lot of calories - but, oh, the flavor! I boiled some red potatoes for a side dish and had a salad. We are out of the low-fat and fat-free dressing at home, but I was careful to measure the "good stuff" when I put it on.

I know it's not possible that I've lost five pounds today, but I sure *feel* skinnier. :)

Here's the Thursday, March 14 dieter's devotional at this handy-dandy...

http://davesgarden.com/journal/si/4451.html - o - the - day. ;)

By the way - the thought for the day on today's devotional explains why we chose to start our diets right before Thanksgiving. I must remember that when I am tempted now, when temptations aren't nearly as bad as they are at the holidays.

This message was edited Thursday, Mar 14th 10:35 PM

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!