I finally have a reason to be here!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Yep,I've gone and done it.My status as lurker is finally over.

My new greenhouse will be delivered next week! Thanks Susie for your help. I'll be calling on you most likely before it's all over.

I got a 20x40 poly tunnel house.Double plastic sheeting with forced air between.Gas heater,fan and exhaust shutters.I got the wire lock system for holding the plastic in place.

I can't wait to get it all in place,and I'll be calling on you all for advice.

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

well congrats......i wish i coulda just ordered mine......we are making a homemade greenhouse.....lol.....i got the trusses.......and some tin.....long story...lol...but i hope to have mine up before summer and have my heating by winter.......im very happy for you.....:)

cindy

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

welcome to the wonderful world of greenhouses. stay tuned for fun filled adventures.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Welcome to this forum..this is best house next to our own house! Elaine

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Congrats Mel!!! Thats great news!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Mel that's wonderful! Not only can you feel "at home" on this forum, you just blew past most of us, LOL! That's great - I know you're waited a long time to get one - enjoy!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Mel thats wonderful-take pics for us!!
yahooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I'll most likely post pics with the question...What do I do now???? It's supposed to be delivered next week and I'm not sure yet where I'm going to put it.

Since everything is flat on my property,it's not as much of an issue as for some..but I'm trying to think ahead.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Mel, here are the easy issues to help you decide where it should go: sun (usually they recommend orienting them toward the south and/or east, making sure there isn't going to be too much shade from trees or structures); water (get it close to a water source unless you're plumbing it); electrical (same as for water) and is your gas heater going to be propane fueled with a portable tank, or are you tapping into your natural gas or propane lines? If the latter, then that will have as much or more bearing than anything else on where you place it.)

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Easy on all counts. First No trees.I can put it anywhere without shade being a problem.
We have natural gas and several places around the property to tie on.We have 2 meters.I just have to decide which one I want to run it off of.
Water's no problem either.We have 2 meters and several places I can tie on.
Site #1 is close to our small road.(we own a 4 acre corner)
It runs east/west and I think the greenhouse could go along the road with the same orientation.Water,gas and electric is stubbed off and there is even a phone hook up and septic system. That's what I came up with this afternoon.It's right across the street from the middle school,so potential customers drive right by there every day.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

mel, I don't have one yet, but heard horror stories at our swap this weekend about everyone's greenhouses being broken into. Just a thought.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Mel, this is wonderful.....I can just see all the little maters you're gonna have in there, and the good veggies of the earth, Huh? Happy growing, dear one!

"eyes"

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Yep eyes...I've got plans for a year round harvest.Growing the cooler season crops through the winter and lots of tomatoes for all interested people through the spring.

Not here yet...but I'm looking at Wed. Maybe the rains will quit long enough to get it up.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Wait!TiG,what are these horror stories!!!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Congratulations Mel. You're gonna love it. If it's too far from your house, you can get an alarm that is connected to the phone and monitors the heat in the green house. Be sure you have a lock for the door, though once someone took the latch screws out so they could get inside. At least they didn't cut the plastic.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.