Gardening in a Boat

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Anything that will hold a planting medium, a plant, and will allow drainage is a potential container. Here is a discarded skiff that a local B&B now uses for a flower bed! Do you have any unusual containers?

Thumbnail by Weezingreens
North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

That is very cool looking! By the way Weezingreens, we're getting blasted with Arctic outflow winds right now from up your way - beautiful sunny day with 80K winds. Anything you can do to stop them???

Love it,Weeze' Told DH long ago I wanted a little "dingy" to plant in also' He said,"WHY"? I said,"cause we live on the prairie,would be our"Prairie Schooner",LOL'''

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Liz: Didn't you order that wind...I'll go back and check the ticket in the kitchen. It must have been a misorder.

Sis: I like that! A prairy schooner! Put up a sail and you could glide across the prairy grass!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Weez - kind of wild there for a bit - but somebody up there turned off the fan! Whoever they were - thank them for me.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Liz: Maybe we just forgot to pay the electric bill!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Liz, you really must have had much more wind, being located on a bluff...it was truly cold outside today, but not all that windy! Elaine

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Cold and calm here all day. 10 degrees this morning and 33 during the day with lots of lovely sun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.