Light needscanary creeper, scarlet runner, wht hyacinth b

Greenlawn, NY(Zone 6B)

I just ordered seeds from Pinetree for canary creeper, chilean glory flower, scarlet runner bean and white hyacinth bean. I have never planted a single vine so wondered if these could be "ranked" as to sunlight needs.
I do have some full sun but also a lot of areas with partial shade. I bought some of those teepee style trellises and have chain link fence areas for climbing.
Are there any flowering vines that would work in areas that only have a few hrs of sun daily?
Any direction would be helpful--thanks!
SandyR

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I've grown the hyacinth bean in part shade, it didn't bloom as much as the ones in full sun. I think the moonflower vine will grow in part shade.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Isn't that unusual?? haven't you noticed that most white-flowering plants can take dappled shade? Elaine

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

I have some of my Honeysucle vines growing well in spots that only get late afternoon sun and I believe that "Ducthmans pipe" will grow in part shade,

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

I had the Glory vine last year. It took so long to germinate I didn't get many blooms before frost got it. But I put some in full sun and some in part shade and one did as well as the other. They both grew and bloomed.

Greenlawn, NY(Zone 6B)

Thank you all---I appreciate your input!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.