My Sweet Thor Dog

Salem, OR(Zone 8a)

Just had to share my baby with others. I have better shots of him, but here he is by the red geum. Thor is 11 next month. He is a noble and gentlemanly guy, and loves everyone. His age is catching up with him though. We recently had to start feeding him nothing but turkey and rice. This means that once a week, I haul out the 22 qt. pressure canner and cook a whole turkey in it for over an hour. Then I pick the meat off the bones, and each day cook meat with rice in a rice cooker. Now - if that ain't love, I don't know what is!! He weighs nearly 90 pounds and eats accordingly! But he feels so much better now and that makes it all worth while. We lost two dogs last year, Tramper and Buddy, so it's been tough on us and on Thor. Amazing how he suffered when the other's passed on. He's all better now, and goes camping with us all the time. he's waiting for me to go out and pull weeds now, so I better run! HA!

Thumbnail by penny4
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!