jerry baker's great green......

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Book of Garden Secrets..........I just got it and am really ready to put some of these ideas into action. As I have time to read, and digest, I will post some of these ideas to the forum..and we can kick them around. Also got his Giant Book of Kitchen Counter Cures....

"eyes"

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

"EYES" Oh yes it does so good book of Jerry Baker does very good "Green Thumb" so great "Home Remdies" save $$$$ than buy at store. I has a book but could not find so disappointed but still looking for it, I know somewhere here and I will find.

Saint Petersburg, FL(Zone 9b)

http://www.jerrybaker.com/jerrybaker/assets/html/homepage.asp This is his home page you can find the book here I am sure I have one of his books flower power and just love it
Pete

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I tried some of his solutions and it worked almost immediately! I had just bought the book and then read bad reviews of it, but so far I am really happy with the book.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

A tiny note of caution here: Jerry Baker and organic gardening are not necessarily synonymous :) His methods are based on using many "common household items", but some of those items contain non-organic substances.

Don't get me wrong - I can't say I'm a big Jerry Baker fan - but I won't quibble with those who do like him.

True story: During on Master Gardener class, I asked a question about using corn gluten on turf for pre-emergent herbicide and fertilizer benefits.

My question was met with a nonplussed stare from the lecturer, and a snide comment about how he didn't believe in "Jerry Baker's methods". I'm not sure who was more offended by the exchange: the lecturer or me. I can tell you who apparently knew more about corn gluten, which wasn't much, lolol.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

I take anything anyone says or writes with a grain of salt until I've tried them. Many things that may work for some, may not work for others whose weather, climate, and plant situations are not the same.

"eyes"

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

After reading his books, I use the leftover coffee grinds & the coffee drenched filter paper for my acidic loving plants. I simply bury them in the dirt. I figure it can't hurt them. Stay tuned until next spring and I'll let you know how those plants fared.

Also, I'm using a diluted vinegar & water mixture to spray on the weeds. If the weeds aren't killed with the diluted vinegar solution, I simply reduce the amount of water used. I prefer using household products that most everyone keeps on-hand than weed killers.

This message was edited Sunday, Sep 15th 5:24 AM

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

ah come on Baa!!

LOL tiG you're right I should have at least left a sentance. I said it all in another Jerry Baker thread about a pseudo-organic recipe.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.