It worked!!! vigna cuttings

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Remember when I took the vigna tip cuttings? Well all 3 of them are rooted. These are promised (yes Redrose, one is yours) but I took 2 more today. I couldn't believe how easy they were to root.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

did you do water? I've had mine in water since that thread, and they are growing, but no roots

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

Congrats!! I only wish pfs root that easy!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Cala, Pls save me one if you get an extra. I can get it at Roundup.

Elena, I'm saving one for you. TiG, I rooted in potting soil, using the tea tree water to water it in with. I've got two I took yesterday that I'm using napthaleneacetamide to see if it will root faster. I've been using the "mini-greenhouses" that I made out of water bottles and they seem to really help things root, keeps the humidity up. I just have to remember to open them a couple of times a day to let in fresh air.
Tim, I'm going to try different things on the passion vines to see if I can improve the rooting. Right now, cuttings are rooting better than in Nov/Dec.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

THANKS Cala! I will be looking forward to getting one. Is there some way you could post a picture for us to see the water bottle method you are using? I might like to try that if I knew a little bit more about how to do it.

I am always asking you for plants so if there is anything I have that you want just ask next time you make it to Nashville. If I don't have anything you desire, maybe I can give your aunt plants like I did before. I am getting in your debt big time, it would seem.

Elena, here is a link to the thread with the mini-greenhouse. http://davesgarden.com/showthread/197891.html

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks my friend. You are the greatest or "the Cat's meow".

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

or the bee's knees Calla....

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Yeah, that too. LOL!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Thanks! Cala~

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Cala, I put my cuttings in water like Dave suggested, and nothing has happened yet. I can't cut back anymore for a while. Will try your method next. I'm glad you had good luck.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Calla, I received mine in an order I placed and surprisingly it is fairly big. Would like to try to root some as well. Where can I get some napthaleneacetamide. I haven't had a lot of luck using the rooting powder. Have also been trying to find it in liquid form, but they don't carry it around here. Dee

Dee it was in a rooting powder that I bought, also found a liquid today, made by Shultz that had indole butric acid, napthaleneacetamide and vitamin B1 in it. I'm going to try this too.
The BEST rooting liquid you can make for yourself. Look in the gardenology forum under willow tea, I added a recipe there.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

cala, can you take a willow cutting and start it for me? I need it for this purpose, if you have time!!!

Tig, want me to harvest and send to you some willow branches? I don't think it would hurt them to ship.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

or you could just bring them!

TiG, great, just let me know if you need them sooner.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Calla, would you mind bringing me some too. Would appreciate it. Thanks,

Dee, I'll see how many have rooted. I will stick some more cuttings as soon as the mother plant grows a bit. I may have to send yours back to you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.