Need your Help with a Caladium

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Just got back from Flordia and visited the Flordia Botanical Gardens in Largo. Saw a Caladium called "Strapleaf Calaidum? Miss Muffett" It has White leaves with small burgundy flecks on them.
Familar with this one?
Where can I get some of the Bulbs?

Thanks

Paul

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I saw this site the other day. I love caladiums.Click here: Caladium World

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Paul,
Caladium are on sale @ Homedepot, 2 bulbs for $2.27. i got some last week. the very same kind u've seen. hope that helps... ma vie

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I got caladiums at Lowes for 22 cents each. They do have a package with bulbs that sound just like what you described, called Gingerland. Those are 3 for 2.27, but I got John Peeds and several others for 22cents

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Anybody wanna go to Lowes and shop for me? Just kidding. I wish we had Lowes or even Home Depot up here. They don't sell us things like that in the north because they aren't hardy here, but we can grow them if we take a little better care of them and dig them in the fall. I tried to explain that to a greenhouse employee last year, but it fell on uncaring ears. I suppose they don't want people buying them and then complaining because they didn't come back the next year.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Joan, I'm going to Lowes tomorrow...what do ya need??

"eyes"

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

I'd get shot if I went to Lowes DH is a store manager for The Home Depot!!

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Tell Home Depot to start stocking a better quality and selection of plants and bulbs. Here in Michigan Lowes leaves H.D in the dust when it comes to the garden dept.

Paul

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

here too Paul, our HD doesn't have anything but grasses, though they do have a good selection of those.

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Yes
Even the help in the garden dept at HD leaves alot to be desired. Lowes folks always seem to go the extra mile to help you.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

maybe we just need to shop at the Kentucky store, cause I know the husband of a garderner does better!! I'm sure that's it different from store to store just like with everything else.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Most stores will go the extra mile IF they have enough requests for certain items...sooo open up your mouths and get your pens......ASK and ye shall receive!!

"eyes"

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.