February 22, 2002 - Healthy Living

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

No one posted yesterday, including me. Sorry, guys. :-( I posted the devotional separately if you'd like to catch up. It was a pretty good one.

It struck me this evening how losing a few pounds can affect so many areas of your life positively. I know I've had more energy, and I've been more motivated to keep the house nice. We've been trying different recipes and want to share them, so I've had incentive to keep the house nice and invite people over for visits (and food!).

Just like losing weight can send ripples of positive things into the rest of my life, so can stress send ripples of negative things into the rest of my life. I am working on doing what today's devotional talks about: Casting my cares upon the Lord. Why? Because He cares for me. That's quite a concept sometimes! But He really does, and He cares about every little thing in my life. And yours. :)

Today's Devotional:

I Peter 5:6-7 -- http://bible.whitinger.net/showverse.php3?vid=30472

David was driving everyone crazy. He seemed to breeze through his diet while everyone else struggled. At first everyone assumed he was cheating on his diet, but when he began losing weight faster than everyone else, they gave up on that thought. It was finally discovered that only one thing made David different from the rest of the group: He was a Christian. He began sharing his faith and told the others they could cast all their cares on the Lord and God would help them face all their trials and temptations. The group not only lost weight, they gained faith!

Today's Thought:As we cast our cares upon God, He casts His love on us!

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!