February 21, 2002 - Belated Healthy Living

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Ack - sorry about the lack of post for yesterday! Here's the devotional.

Thursday's Devotional:

Hebrews 9:23 --

I took a youth group to a play on Good Friday once when I was fasting. All I could think about was how hungry I felt. I was a little cranky, and I found it difficult to concentrate on the play. Suddenly, I looked at the face of the young man who played Christ. His face was contorted with the pain and suffering of our Lord. I looked at a face which truly mirrored everything Jesus had been through and I was ashamed at myself for the self-pity I had indulged in. When I compared my minor discomforts with the true sufferings of Jesus, I realized I had nothing whatsoever to complain about.

Today's Thought: I will think of what I HAVE, rather than what I have not!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's those little revelations that put us in our place sometimes, isn't it? But that doesn't negate how hard it can be to deny the flesh and stick to the diet until it's a habit and not so hard to keep to.

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!