alstroemeria for trade

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

I harvested alstroemeria seeds and they are ready for trade
This beautiful flowers are also called Peruvian Lily or Lily of the Incas. The fact is that their origine is Chile. These seeds are heirlooms.
cristina

Kittanning, PA

Hello,
What are you looking for in a trade? Also, CAN we trade since i am in the states and you are not?
LMK,
SYR36

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

You've got mail
cristina

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

are these species or cultivars?

Mark

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

mark, they're species, taken from the skirt of the Andes. The names were given by the locals (araucano indians) people, centuries ago, you can say that they are real Heirlooms.
In Chile you will not find cultivars of Alstroemerias, some
"distinguish elevated "individuals consider them as weeds.
I'll say beautiful weeds with a flower crown of 10 to 25 large flowers in a stem !
cristina

cristina

thanks for the reply.

can we trade? The only seeds I have available are hardy geraniums.

Mark

Cristina

What seeds are you looking for? I'd be interested in a trade.

Also I wonder if you know anything about Alstroemeria brasiliensis? I have a few from a guild share and can't find any info. Am I spelling it wrong ? :)

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Mark : What kind of hardy geranium do you offer?

Baa I'm looking for any fragrant , hostas , bulbs. I saww your list, some interesting thing you've got there.
Alstroemeria brasilensis is a hibrid cultivar and is well known due to the suceptibility it has with a virus of same name.

cristina

I'll mail you direct.

Mark

Thanks for the info Cristina! I'm afraid I don't have any Hosta or fragrant bulbs.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Baa, it is true that fragrant stuff is what I'm looking for , but I would settle for other things....Imagine, I'm also looking for Lotto, LOL !

Furthermore, I do like that many people can have Alstroemerias species, I'm living in Chile for a while only and gardening is not very popular around here, so to find traders would be difficult....

cristina

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.