My Valentine's Day present!!!!

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Well DH brought the bulldozer home today while I was at work and started digging the BIG new pond!!!!! There is a monster size hole in my back yard right now. I already have 2 preformed ponds that are 125 gallons each but this one is a liner!!!! I am letting him design it because It would take me too long to make up my mind how to do it!!!! It is going to be about 1000 gallons with at least 2 waterfalls (i think kidney shaped)!!!!!! He got me a big giant skimmer and a bio-filter too! Oh yea he also got me a pallet of red flat stone for around the pond! The only thing he has to get is a filter (a BIG one)!!!
The thing that scares me is while I was at work he took all my plants and little creatures that were in my other pond and moved them into big buckets until we can finish! We should have it done by the weekend. I sure hope everbody (fish and frogs) survive for a couple days until they get into their new home!!!!!! I will make sure I get some pic's so I can show you are progross!!!!!!
sue

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Oh Sue....he did VERY GOOD!!

"eyes"

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Sue, what a fabulous Valentine's Day present!!!! That's wonderful! (The frogs should be fine; the fish, well just keep them in a protected spot out of the sun and keep an eye on 'em.) Please post pictures of your pond in progress! Happy V-day :)

I will watch them all Terry! It sure is a great gift, and it beats the roses he usually gets that are dead in a couple day's!!!!!!!!!
sue

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Congrats! I'm jealous..Looking forward to the pics.. "T" :)

Niles, MI(Zone 5a)

Ruby, Do you rent DH out,He sounds like a man who really helps, Congratulations
Annabelle15

I posted some pic's of day 1 and 2 of the digging!
http://davesgarden.com/showthread/192647.html
sue

Oh how sweet Ruby. Sounds like you've got a keeper there!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Congrats Ruby!! You must be sooo excited!!! What a great Valentines present!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.