Frogspawn

We noticed frogspawn in the pond (I'm pretty sure frogs were there too at some point *g*) 10 days ago and some of the eggs appear to be quite advanced. This is fairly early for us by about 2 weeks. Lucky the netting was removed in the middle of January.

Anyone else have amphibious spawn in the pond already?

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Wow that IS early. You mean you didn't notice what the frogs were getting up to??

Still haven't dug the pond i've promised myself tch tch
.......so many things on my TODO list!!

Washington, DC(Zone 7a)

I sure hope it's not our American bullfrog. That's a bad thing somebody did to your country.

Yes, we're trying to eradicate them, but it's a problem. I went to collect one someone had found last year and just took the tank i use for injured bats. The poor bullfrog literally only just fitted in and couldn't even turn round!! ENORMOUS!!! Took him to a guy who keeps them under lock and key (but they do get more than bread and water lol!!)

Not the Am Bullfrog, we only have the common toad and common frog in the garden although I believe there is a colony of tree frogs out in the New Forest surviving quite happily

i'd love to see those Baa.
Who was it last night talking of visiting a bike shop in Kent? was it you Baa? if so, which one?

LOL Philomel no the Kent Bike Show held in July I think, can't remember for the life of me where it's held but I do remember it was a bum numbing ride!

Aren't they all LOL??

Nope, depends on how good the suspension is (if they have any at all). I reckon an hour is good enough without getting a numb bum, curled fingers and eyes in open, staring position and fried eyeball feeling.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.