March 22nd, 2001

Morning all! Yesterday I went out and made my rounds to the nurseries in West Knoxville, and met some interesting people. At one nursery (best location, Kingston Pike in Farragut - nice part of town on a busy street) I chatted with a lady who was out back potting up plants. It turns out she's the owner's mother. We chatted for about half an hour, and she gave me an arm full of 3" peat pots, seed starting trays, hanging baskets, and other container goodies! I was tickled pink.

Went to Wal-Mart and found they had 5.5 cu ft of peat moss for $10 - seemed like a good deal to me. I met a guy who asked if I wanted to buy straw from him, and I turned around and asked him if he wanted to buy straw from me, cause I've got a barn full of it and no cows to eat it!! He said that I didn't look like a farmer! The nerve!! ;-)

Dave

This thread has 25 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!