February 6, 2002 - Healthy Living

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I echo TWDU, our one and only Laura: Drink your water today! :-D

Howdy, everyone. As I type this I'm looking at the right side of the screen and the Voting Booth: "What's your favorite comfort soup?" It makes me want to make up a batch of split pea soup! There's just something so satisfying about having hot meals when you're dieting; for the same calories as a granola bar, I can have a bowl of hot soup with some crackers. Like the commercial says, soup is good food. More below...

Devotions for Dieters,
by Dan R. Dick

Today's Scripture: I Corinthians 10:13 -- http://bible.whitinger.net/showverse.php3?vid=28581

There are gonig to be times when we feel like throwing up our hands and saying, "I just can't do it!" Dieting is not easy. Don't let anyone tell you that it is. We wouldn't need to diet if we could eat what we wawnted when we wanted it. But know this: God will make sure we can hang on if we include Him in our diet attempts. He knows how hard it is and how much we struggle. No matter how tempted we might be, He will help us escape it.

Today's thought: There is a way to beat every temptation.

~~~~~~~~~

This devotion also brought to mind the Scripture which says Jesus was tempted in all things, yet did not sin. Think about that...ALL things. He understands our weaknesses, and even more, He can help us overcome them because He was tempted as well, but yet overcame. That's really comforting to me! :)

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!