Been getting bargains again

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Well tonight at 7-15 pm trot of to my local D.I.Y shop and into their garden section and i came away with a carton with contained 6 plants, they were 2 different kinds of ivy,1 lamium, 1 festuca glauca, 1 thyme, 1 mossy saxafrage, their normal cost is 4.30p and i got it for 30p so i got 3 lots, also bought an Hydrangea in a 4 litre pot brimming with new shoots also for 50p should have been 7.99p. Have i done well or what.What have you all been getting?

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Sheesh! Haven't you done well! I can get the really cheap plants if I go to Stocken Market, but don't have the time at the moment.
Haven't been buying planbts recently. Bought a few packets of seeds last week. More Honesty, foxgloves, and some wildflowers. That's about it. Do your hydreangeas grow pink or blue in your garden?

I dont know what colour they will be, roses love my soil so i suppose they will be pink.

Yes, pink's for acid isn't it and blue for alkaline?

Well i dont think my soil is acid so it will be blue then ,let you know when it grows.

Roses like a soil that's slightly acid. My soil ph is about 6.5, a good rose growing area in my region, and the hydrangeas are mostly pink.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.