Wally the super sniffer

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I know y'all are probably tired of hearing of Wally our doggie, but I can't play in the gardens so I spend time with the pets instead. My daughter has a snake (a ball python) that has a habit of getting loose. I searched for him and wouldn't go to bed till he was found. It was about 1am when I decided to get Wally to look for it. Took him less than 5 minutes to find the snake. It was hidden in a closet under some stuff.
Yesterday, the bunny escaped from the garage by using the kitty door. I looked everywhere for it to no avail. This afternoon, I saw a puff of bunny hair. I went in and got Wally, had him sniff the bunny hair and said "find the bunny". He took me all over the yard,(lots of bunny pellets) thru the gardens(chomped on plants) into the woods where he didn't seem to mind the low branches but I did, and finally alongside the drive where I have some hay bales rotting for the spring mulch. Voila!!! There was the bunny!! Wally was so happy, he licked the bunny's face (he loves to give things a bath) I told Wally he was good and gave him some cheese. If we get famous for Wally's nose, I will remember all my friends here, lol. It's so funny, he acted like he loved "working" and wants to go look for something else now. He was so serious and I could hear him "sniffing" as he went along with his nose to the ground.
The only other things I've had him look for were the voles that eat my plants. He will sniff and sniff, but then he wants to dig them out. We try to leave that job for the cats because Wally's paws are great for digging!!(too great, lol)

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!