Hey England, one more question for ya'

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

....I have a painting from England that Mom brought back home. It is from the "House of Marco Cortinelli". It is an oil painting of Buckingham Palace, an origianl, painted by "Avis". Can anyone tell me about the House of Marco Cortinelli? It is an old painting. Thanks! Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Wish I could help Lisa but the name is new to me :-)

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks Louisa, I am hoping somebody knows of it...It may be an old art gallery that is no longer around. I have done extensive seachers on the net and turned up nothing. Lisa

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Hi justmelisa, unfortunately it means nothing to me ( an ex-art student, but don't tell anyone!). But i should be speaking to my mum tomorrow and shes a bit of an art fanatic, so if she doesn't know shes probably got a fiend who does.....watch this space.........

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Hello Lisa. I've never heard of this painting. I've tried doing a seach on google for info. It brought me up someone called Lisa posting questions about it!! I got nothing searching for House of Marco Cortinelli. Avis by itself simply brings up the car rental firm. But if you put Avi + painting you'll get a few results. Looks like more than one painter with the name Avis. That appears to be a forename incidentally. Same timeperiod. Or round about. As you have the painting and know its style you might be able to work out the identity of the artist from that. Good luck!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

You folks are the best! Thanks so much! Lisa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.