January 26, 2002 Healthy Living

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Well another week gone by. I did pretty good this week. I have not went over my calories by more than 200 all week. Tonight we are going out for pizza and a movie. I can't wait. I have always been an advocate of treating yourself once a week. Yes it does make it a little harder to do good the next day, but it gets rid of the cravings. Hope you are all doing well today.

Today's Dieter's Devotional:
From "Devotions for Dieters" by Dan R. Dick

Once we decide something is wrong, (being overweight, for example), then doing that thing is sinful. Some may say, "Well, the Bible doesn't say obesity is a sin." The Bible does tell us that anything we do that makes us less than God created us to be is a sin. To be pure in heart means to try to do everything we know we ought to do. We ought to regard ou own bodies with respect. We ought to be an example for others to follow. We ought to do all we can to be all we can. When we stay true to what we know in our hearts is right, then we will be assured of a place with God in His kingdom.

Today's Thought: I will do all I can to be all I am meant to be!
Scripture: Matt 5:8

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!