Press and Dry Flowers... Ready?

(Zone 5a)

Hi Everyone...

I hope I got the last of the trades out; and now... finally, time to play. Last year I started to press flowers in August. Somewhat late... but, I had planted late, quick annuals... very nice for the end of the season. Cosmos, marigolds, and zinnias seed to bloom in about 6 weeks. Love the instant gratification on those. *smile*

I used very easy methods and materials... with such nice results. It just tickled me to no end. So.. this year I vowed to press or dry a little of each pretty flower, leaf, and foliage... starting early spring. Our daffodils are blooming. From the posts it sounds like we have some real pros here. And, I look forward to learning from all of you.

Would anyone like to do a little running post of what seems to work best and looks the prettiest? Starting now? I was thinking those that wished could keep a record of what all they used to press and dry... and then we could compare notes on when and how those processes worked. At the end of the season or mid-way, we could see how many things and what kinds of methods folks used to preserve their favorites. What do you think?

Looking forward to your replies.

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!