January 23, 2002 - Healthy Living

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Helllllooooo DG Friends! Sorry we've not started the thread sooner the last few days. But please - Whoever's here first in the morning can feel free to jump on in and start the day's thread to jump start our support for the day. :o)

We've been tackling our closets and I'm sore from moving many, many clothes yesterday and cleaning the floors and shelves - But I've gotta push myself and keep on going. Howie's been doing so much around the house these last four days, I can't help but get caught up in the enthusiasm!

Today's Devotion

Don't expect God to make you thin. You have to do the hard part for yourself. Do know this, however: God will bless you beyond your wildest hopes if you will put forth your best effort and not give up. When we show Him that we are really serious about being better people, He is pleased beyond measure, and He will do all kinds of wonderful things to help us along. When we refuse to give into the temptations, to dirty our hands, then God will reward us and lift us up. All He asks is that we give it our very best effort. If we do that, we will succeed.

Today's Thought: God is pleased by my best effort to lose weight.

Today's Scripture: II Samuel 22:21 - http://bible.whitinger.net/showverse.php3?vid=8624

From "Devotions for Dieters" by Dan R. Dick
copr. 1989 (Barbour & Company, Inc.)

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!