Norton 2002 question?

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I received one email message tonight with two different versions of Badtrans. Norton 2002 caught them both, and I got a message that it was unable to repair them. Norton's suggested quarantine. I did that, and it quarantined one, but was unable to quarantine the other. Norton's then suggested delete. I tried that, but it couldn't do that either. Now what? I have this stupid thing hanging out there and don't know what to do with it. As far as I know it has not been executed. I left it hanging and checked to make sure Norton's was updated. It is, as I have it set to automatically do it when I'm online. What are you supposed to do if Norton's can't repair, quarantine or delete it?

This is a little strange. I don't know why Norton's wouldn't do something with it, but I took the plunge and went in and deleted it from my email program, rather than through Nortons, since Nortons wouldn't do it. Then I scanned and it came back clean. I then sent an email to myself, and it scanned upon sending and upon receiving and both were okay. So, can I assume I'm clean? I hope someone has the answer. I'm not going to send any emails until I know for sure, then I'm going to email the person I got it from and tell them.

This message was edited Wednesday, Jan 23rd 12:25 AM

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!