Thursday, Jan 10

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Howdy farmers. It looks like everyone must have had a busy day. Our slushy snow froze into deep ruts in the driveway so that makes walking and driving a bit interesting. This morning I went to the library and picked up a book on greenhouse gardening, and this afternoon I spent about half an hour on the cross country skis. Skiing on the icey snow is different than the days I spent in the slush and I fell down more today. The newest cat, Tommy, followed me way down into the pasture, and every time I fell he came to rub on me and purr. When we got almost back to the house the mules chased him under the fence, and then 2 of the younger horses took over from there and poor Tommy had quite a run for his life. He made it. I fell down once after that when I was comming down a hill toward the house and didn't want to go so fast.Poor me, no kitty there to comfort me! I am learning lots of new ways to land. Hope all of you had a great day, take time to count your blessings.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!