Birdy Bread Recipe

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

I just made this stuff for my three cockatiels and they LOVE it. It's really nutritious for them too, and gives them a much needed break from a seed-only diet.

BIRDY BREAD

2 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix
3 tablespoons of baking powder
4 eggs with shells (puree in blender)
4 jars of baby food (I used carrots, peas, sweet potatoes and applesauce, but you can use whatever you want. Try to choose those high in Vitamin A.)
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups of low-iron baby cereal flakes (I used oatmeal)

Mix ingredients together well. Spray a 9x13 inch cake pan with non-stick cooking spray and press into pan. (It's really sticky!) Bake about 30 minutes in a pre-heated 400 degree oven. Cool on rack. Cut into squares, and freeze.

You can do all kinds of things with this recipe: Add chopped vegetables and fruits (1 1/2 cups), add kelp or spirulina to boost the iodine content, add noodles or fruit or whatever your bird likes.

Does anyone have any different Birdy Bread recipes that they could post here?

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!