Seashell candles

Midland, PA

Don't know if anyone likes seashells but I tried this and it worked wonderfully for me.

At a yard sale this summer I bought a basket full of the bigger "oyster type" sea shells with the intent of giving them to my SO's mom who loves anything relating to the beach or ocean. She is also a candle nut, so I experimented with making them into candles.

I bought a bunch of tea lights and several scented votives pulled the wicks out, and melted the wax down. Then I put the shells on a cookie sheet and placed the saved tea light wickes into the shells, and poured the wax into the shells in "layers" about 1/8 of an inch at a time. Letting the wax harden some in between layers. They turned out beautiful. Be careful though I had on shell crack and break on me but since I had only put a little wax in them to start it was easy to clean up. I used popsicle sticks to prop them up level before pouring the wax into them.

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!