Easter Eggs

Birmingham, United Kingdom

My local branch of Somerfield is displaying Easter Eggs this morning.........next to all Christmas stuff 50% off.

Marigold.

I looked on a new calendar today and saw that Easter was fairly early this year, LOL I didn't realise how early. I wonder how many eggs will be sold at this time of year?

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

My local branch of Spar is selling Easter creme eggs. I thought it was a bit early too. Then I realized that chocolate eggs are sold all the year round.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

my local shop has an assortment of Creme eggs for sale made by lots of chocolate makers.

next promotion will be Valentines Day.

Mark

Good friday is March 29th.

and why does Easter vary?

it's a pagan festival for the goddess of spring Ostera and timed by the cycles of the moon. Easter is always on the first Sunday after the first full moon of the vernal equinox.

superstition says that rabbits lay eggs on Easter Day hense the Easter Bunny.

Yes, it's curious why the Christian churches never fixed an Easter date, I didn't know about it being the Sunday after the vernal equinox though, interesting stuff.

I wonder where the superstition about rabbits and eggs came from? There's usually some reasoning behind it.

I love Cadbury's Creme Eggs but my teeth don't :(

My local post office say that the chocolate eggs they have have toys in them and that's why they're on sale all the year round.

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Now i hope you have all been clever and bought your half price crackers etc for next year, also been getting half-price presents too, the only thing i dont buy is things made for children as you dont know what will be in next year, so many spoilt kids materialistically???? yet out there there is a lot of neglected kids, it would shock you.

I can tell you that the Rabbit is actually a hare!! Christians changed the image because a Hare is a witch in disguise.

Mark

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I really think that rabbits give birth to their young live. I don't think they lay eggs.

Joan was that said all serious or tongue set firmly in cheek?

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Well, both I guess. Rabbits don't lay eggs do they? Well, maybe the Easter Bunny does. Hee Hee! I don't know. Maybe some rabbits do lay eggs.

well, all mammals have eggs but the only 2 that lay eggs with shells are the Platypus and the Echidna. both of these come from Australia.

Mark

I heard of someone who thought deer made nests in trees. Hello Bambi, what are you doing up there?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.