Best/Worst - 2024 Round Robin

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

This thread is for those in the Best/Worst What did I learn today chat thread who are doing a quilting Round Robin in 2024.
Post your pictures, questions & comments here.
We will follow the progress of each quilt, and when it's been sent to the next person on the list.
So we have Betty, Pat, Linda Kay, Misty, Sharon & myself. This is a total of 6 and we should stop at this # because we really don't need more borders, plus the amount of material added by a 7th person might be prohibitive.

Here are the instructions:
1st round-start with an unfinished center-everyone sends theirs to the next person on the list
2nd round -everyone adds a 2" border to the quilt they are sent. Send to next person on list.
3rd round - everyone adds a 3" border and sends to the next person
4th round - everyone adds a 4" border
5th round - everyone adds a 5" border
6th round - everyone adds a 4" border and then sends back to the next person on the list who will actually be the maker of the center (the owner).
All of Sharon's rounds will go to Betty's address.

As you finish a round, the next person on the list will always be consistent; you'll be sending each quilt to the same person. So by the time you finally get to the last round, you'll have worked on the quilt that belongs to the person you've sent to all along.
Each round can be appliquéd, pieced, plain fabric or embroidered if you wish. It's up to you to decide what you can do and what you think goes well with the theme of the quilt.

I will edit the first post as we need to. Feel free to comment, and once you've decided on a center, tell us the theme of it and we can start pulling out our material in advance. When you've finished your center, post a picture of it.
Also, let me know who's going to do which border - 2", 3", 4", 5" or 4" (if we have 6 people that is).
We need to know the order of who we're sending to.
If, as Pat suggests, we're doing a different size border on each of the centers (I think she means I would do a 2" on Pat's, a 3" on Betty's, and a 4" on LK's?) we would still have to organize it - if someone wants to take this portion of the directions up, I'd appreciate it. I'm not sure how it would be done for the sending. I'm confused but like the concept.

This message was edited Sep 11, 2024 3:34 PM

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Looking forward to it!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Here's the God's Eye that I'm making. I don't have the black butterfly material anymore, so it will be a slightly different one, but still basically black around the outside. The blue is more turquoise, and creamy yellow, too. It will be interesting to see what people add to it! When I finish the actual block, I'll post a picture.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thank for the thread. I will have to decide what my center will be.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Linda Kay, if she'd be more than welcome. I think we should keep it to 6 people total, otherwise it will take longer to get to everyone in the group.
Speaking of which we need to decide how long each person will have to add their border before sending it on
I know that it sometimes takes awhile to go through borders between Canada and US.
In Canada, the post office (on the 1st Tuesday of some months, not every month) will give free shipping if you set up a business account. You just need an email address. I'm going to set one up to send to Betty.

WOW, wouldn't that be cool! Free shipping. Good luck Susan.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

apparently I'm also able to send to the US, too - free shipping. It's not a regular thing, so if it is offered in January for instance, I may have already shipped in November. There is no rhyme or reason for when they offer it.

LOL, that is crazy Susan!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Updated the list of joiners

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sounds good, give a date, and list of names, in order that we send to.

Everyone send me your address in a message please.

Ok,

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.