Flying Ant? What Is This Insect?

Tucson, AZ

I live just outside Tucson AZ in the country- a few weeks ago I started noticing a few of these bugs in my KITCHEN ONLY....most noticeable first thing in the morning buzzing against the windows or buzzing around the ceiling lights....I have been very aware to notice if they could be coming in when I open the front door but there is no sign of these bugs at the outside of the door...since it's so hot right now the house has been buttoned up tight with either the evap cooler or AC running....the past 2 mornings I got up and flicked on the lights in the kitchen, the lights immediately had a swarm or 2 dozen or more of these things....I use the vacuum cleaner wand to suck them up from flight around the light but the next morning there are just as many flying around the kitchen lights as soon as they come on- I keep a very clean and clutter free home- where the hec are these bugs coming from....what attracts them....what do they eat? I'm pulling my hair out....I have never seen these things before and have no idea how they are getting in my house- I hope you can help

Thumbnail by katbay Thumbnail by katbay Thumbnail by katbay Thumbnail by katbay

To start, have you checked for any tiny openings or gaps around your kitchen windows or doors? Sometimes, bugs can find their way in through these small cracks, especially when they're drawn to the light. It might also be worth considering if they're coming in through vents or pipes.
Keeping a clean and clutter-free kitchen is a great first step, but since they keep coming back, sealing off any entry points might be your best bet. If you're still struggling, it might be worth reaching out to a local pest control expert for a more personalized solution.

Tucson, AZ

Quote from huts :
To start, have you checked for any tiny openings or gaps around your kitchen windows or doors? Sometimes, bugs can find their way in through these small cracks, especially when they're drawn to the light. It might also be worth considering if they're coming in through vents or pipes.
Keeping a clean and clutter-free kitchen is a great first step, but since they keep coming back, sealing off any entry points might be your best bet. If you're still struggling, it might be worth reaching out to a local pest control expert for a more personalized solution.

Do you know what this particular bug is??

Frisco, TX(Zone 8a)

Try using an online app to identify by state and picture. It doesn’t look like an ant, maybe a wasp

los angeles, CA

Post images here: https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/bugid/all/

Flapdoodle will certainly know - he's our resident expert.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.