What is the most COMPLETE plant database available?

St Pete, FL(Zone 10a)

I'm working on a project and need to compile a complete list of flowers/plants with specific features and needs. The DG database is awesome but I'd like to run my criteria through a second database just to be 100% sure I've included all possible plants and I'm not missing any. What other databases do you use to find plants that meet specific criteria (zone, sun, color, bloom time, etc..)? I've tried USDA Plant Finder and the Natl Gardening Assoc database and they were okay, but not great. I don't mind paying for it if required, and if it exists? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Las Cruces, NM

USDA Plant Database, although I don't know if it's worldwide.

Crawfordsville, OR

I use the Plant Finder database from Missouri Botanical Garden and I find it to be really comprehensive. It offers a lot of detailed information about plants, including sun and water needs, bloom time, zone, color, etc. You can also access some of the premium features for a fee. Another option is the PlantFiles from Dave's Garden - it has user-generated content that definitely covers a wide range of plants with loads of details. Have you tried the Plant Selector from the Royal Horticultural Society? It's definitely convenient and comprehensive, and it allows you to filter by all the criteria you mentioned - zone, sun, colour, bloom time, etc.

How to get the best possible information about it???

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

My go-to is the WFO Plant List:: https://wfoplantlist.org/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.