CLOSED: Blattodea or not?

Vignola, Italy

Hello,
I'm new here, so again hi everyone :)

I'd like to ask for help in identifying this insect. I found it in my bathroom last night, on the wall. I live in an apartment, as for gardening I am experimenting hydroculture.

I am quite sure this is not a german cockroach, I had those around and called an exterminator.

Also, the colours were different.

Still, do you have any idea what this one might be? I hope it is not "Suppella"... And in general not something requiring another exterminator's intervention.

Thank you in advance, and have a good day.

Thumbnail by Chigusa Thumbnail by Chigusa
Minot, ND

Unfortunately, this is appears to be a nymph of a brown-banded cockroach, Supella longipalpa - https://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/URBAN/roaches/brown-banded_cockroach.htm

Vignola, Italy

Yeah. Looks like you're right... I got the same answer from several sources.

I guess I'll have to call the exterminators, again.

Does the presence of a nymph means that there are probably nests in my house already? Or Is it just as possibile this one came alone from the outside, maybe in search of a safe place and juicy food?

I have seen one cockroach in my apartment complex days ago. Thus I suspect there are some nesting somewhere in the cellars or even some other apartment.

Minot, ND

Finding a nymph indicates that there likely is a breeding colony in or very near your apartment.

Vignola, Italy

I can hope it is "near" and not "in".

Thank you again, even though I didn't read what I would have liked to.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.