Unknown bug

Belmont, NC

We have recently been seeing these little tiny winged bugs all around and in our home but aren't sure what they actually are. Does anyone here have any knowledge about this little bug? This picture is super enlarged, as it actual size is super tiny.

Thumbnail by Demonseed
Minot, ND

This looks like a tiny flying ant, but the image is not clear enough for me to be absolutely certain. Be on the lookout for very small ants crawling about, especially near food storage areas.

Belmont, NC

Ants we certainly have in mass. In all sizes too, tiny to OMG that's a big ant! So it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to discover we also have the flying variety as well.

I guessed that's what they were but wanted a second opinion to air on the side of caution just in case it was a form of termite I'd not seen before. The ants here are progressively getting worse every year with the insanely mild winters we've been having, and this year is no exception. I've been telling our pest control guy but so far as I can tell it's had little to no impact on them.

But anyway, thanks for taking the time to put my mind at ease.

Guess I'm off to kill some more ants. Now, where did my ant spray go...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.