Baby Wrens

Quinlan, TX

Hello. We have some wrens that built a nest in our garage. I noticed the babies hatched (4) sometime last week. I'm guessing they are around 6 days old give or take. Normally one or both parents are in the nest every single night by 10pm. Last night (04/19/2022) we never saw the parents in the nest. I've left the garage open all night and it's usually open all day or cracked open if we are not home for them to come and go. However, I have yet to see them at all today as well. I looked in on the babies and they are sleeping mostly unless they hear me and then they have their mouths open. We have been careful to try and keep any stray animals away from the nest and they are high up inside a box in our garage. The nest looks completely undisturbed. Would the parents abandon their nest and babies? I'm worried something has happened to both of them and not sure how long to wait. Also, if I need to intervene I'm not sure what I should do to help the babies. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.