April 2022 weather chat and pics - Let the planting begin!

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Came from here.
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1554385/

March returned after a few days of pleasant Spring like weather and tested my new garden Weasel claw. Snow flurries this morning (no accumulation) and temps in upper 30s and low 40s. Working on my kitchen renovation, so it's all good. Tulips and periwinkle most recent bloomers here.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok, goin in circles here! 84* today, 12 mph SE breezes. Chopped yaupon, rocked the great grandson and enjoyed the warmth. Pollen is still visible as it falls, garden veggies are bolting.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Still alive up here in the nort. Been colder than normal, with lots of wind.
Tuesday it ripped the plastic so was a rush to get things moved. Thank goodness we had the smaller greenhouse ready to go. It was supposed to be for the plants for our own garden.
Ordered new plastic from the place where I bought the new greenhouse last fall.
Price was a $100.00 less than anywhere else. Called them Wed. and they shipped it that day. Got here this morning. Best anyone else could do was 2 weeks.
Place is Growers Solution. Greenhouse was cheap to, but very good quality.
First picture is the tore up plastic. 2nd is the small house where the plants are at the moment. Then some pictures of the new house. Last one is the plants in the house before the wind damage.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We are going to have a drouth this year- if I get rain it is 1/4”. South wind is blowing dark occasional clouds around, but the temps have been low 80*s so it has been really nice. Winter garden is on its way out, I put all cherry tomatoes out this year and they are doing well, okra coming up, squash so far are surviving- greyzini, but everything else seems to have bolted. Oregano and thyme is even blooming this year. Trying a new ornamental edible pepper this year from seed, Count Dracula

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.